Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Vanity Line

Where do you draw the line to say something is vanity rather than a real concern?

I ask this because I'm pretty sure the drug I've been taking to quell my autoimmune problems is making me lose my hair.

I realize that this is a small issue, but I'm supposed to be on this drug forever. It isn't like a temporary chemo-related hair loss. I'm not exactly sure how to deal. I'm going to have other things checked to eliminate all other possibilities, but I really feel in my heart of hearts that I shouldn't be taking the plaquenil anymore.

This leads to additional questions, not the least of which is "If not plaquenil, what?" because, jeez o pete, I just don't know. Maybe something will be revealed by compliment and other testing this month at the immuno so we can determine a new plan of attack.

Just when I thought things were getting better...

No comments:

Post a Comment