Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Cost of Noncompliance

Let's just say that sometimes, I'm an idiot. I know this about myself, it is truly not news. Sometimes, though, I am in utter awe of my stupidity and the silly things I do. My recent less-than-compliant behavior is a great example.

Apparently, I decided that being on vacation meant I didn't have to take my medication. I'll let that sink in for a minute. Lalala no pills 2x per day lalala. I got out of the habit of taking my plaquenil. I was already not great about it... Then vacation came and I lost all will to take my medicine as directed. It's really not that much to take in the grand scheme of things, but I wanted to be like the other kids, dammit. Or, more accurately, I just didn't want to have to think about it.

I have to think about it now, that's for certain. Why did I do this to myself? I know if I am noncompliant bad things happen. I start to feel more fatigued than ever... I was about to fall asleep at my desk last week... And still I didn't start being fully compliant until... YESTERDAY!?!?!? I have had bad pain and fatigue and everything else, but I was like LALALA NO PILLS! Look where that has landed me... At least it was only for a week or so, but still. I am a loser for not taking my meds like I should. I know this is a problem that many people struggle with, so I've decided to be completely honest here...

I am in pain (albeit less pain now than, say, Sunday) but every moment of it is my own darn fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment