Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Punk'd

I feel kind of bad.

The poor employees of the insurance company's wellness program that draw the short straw and have to call me really must think they're being punk'd somehow.

This one was pretty spectacular. Keep in mind I have brain fog, so I'm paraphrasing except the outrageous quotes. They're real.

"Is asthma your primary health concern?"
No. More like tertiary.
"Can you tell me what your primary concern is?"
Common Variable Immune Deficiency
"Say that three times fast..."
**sigh**
"Can you repeat that?"
Common... Variable... Immune... Deficiency
"I have never heard of that."
Yeah. It's pretty rare.
"Can you tell me more about it..."

This victim actually wins the prize because she wanted to know more about what I have and why it matters. Good for her, but man. Those first couple reactive comments were not so much fun for me. I was pretty sure I'd made the wrong choice to go forward with the program. She was very nice and tried to understand, so maybe it will be good after all.

I can't say I'm looking forward to the "nurse calls you" portion of this adventure, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment