Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Have IG, Will Travel

Personally, I can't see giving myself sub-q and turning my once-monthly 3 hours office visit into a 3 hour weekly ordeal. That being said, there's something nice about the flexibility offered by subcutaneous IG administration. No appointments, no nurses, just you.

There are lots of folks in the PIDD community who take advantage of this and even travel with their medications. This led to me investigating the TSA regulations. Our medication is not supposed to be x-rayed, but it seems that TSA regulations require that it be x-rayed if they can't visually inspect it. I suppose, along with other documentation, one should also bring the product insert that outlines this.... hmm.

For further reading:
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/specialneeds/editorial_1059.shtm

No comments:

Post a Comment