Monday, October 3, 2011

Tick... Tick... Boom!

Sometimes I feel my life is a ticking time bomb, especially this time of year. I managed to make it through the summer relatively unscathed, which is unusual for me, so I am certain it is merely a matter of time before I head down the path of cold-sinus infection-bronchitis that is so familar.

I feel myself flinch every time someone around me coughs or sneezes. Every single time. Probably because I know those could be the germs that make me sick this time. Heaven only knows what those germs <i>are</i>. I, for one, don't want to be the one to find out.

I am thankful for this stretch of fairly good health. I don't think I've been on an antibiotic since July, which is really rare, as the summer months tend to be the worst for me. Now, as the weather turns colder and folks debate the flu shot and cold prevention, I become restless. I want to do things, to see people, but I don't want to be sick. It's a difficult position to be in, since I can't really control whether other people disclose their health status to me.

If you are sick, please stay home. I really don't want to get sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment