Thursday, September 13, 2012

Say Hello To My Little Friend...

I went to my PCP's PA because I feel cruddy after exercise. Like super cruddy, not out of shape crap, but something isn't right. It didn't fell like asthma, didn't feel like an infection, didn't feel like anything I've experienced previously. Just felt really strange...

The doctor did an EKG, which revealed some abnormalities with my heart rhythm. This could be caused by one pacemaker being weak and another one taking up for it, it could just be the position of my heart in my chest making the test funny, or it could be something else entirely. We determined the best next step would be the cardiologist, especially given my status as a complicated patient. She had her admins call for me and make my appointment. Yeehaw.

I didn't even know the cardiologist's name, which, as it happens, is the same name as an ex of mine. I find that sort of disturbing and amusing at the same time. His manner disarmed me and reassured me. He took the time to look at my case "on paper" to see if there was anything that jumped out at him. He listened to me and encouraged me to share symptoms, even when describing them proved difficult. Then... He put this thing on me:
Hello, cybernetic organism!
This Zio Patch will be on my chest for about 2 weeks. Sounds like great fun, right? I can't tell you how I'm brimming with excitement at having to find ways to wear high necklines to avoid questions. Super fun! He set me up with some other testing in early October, so I won't know anything until at least then. I just hope they find something and that something is easily fixed. Blargh.

If you're reading this, it's because you pay attention to my blog. I don't necessarily feel like talking about this, so please don't ask if I know anything. That only adds to my stress and I do not want to talk about it right now. Trust me, you'll know if it is something important. Right now, as far as I am concerned, this is just another "ologist" in the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment