Monday, September 3, 2012

I Don't Believe

Lately, I have been doing a lot of thinking about recent advancements in medicine, including promising developments in some of the most mysterious diseases, providing lingering hope for people.

I can't help feeling like that will never be me. Any incremental change in the knowledge about the workings of the immune system feels glacial. The current base of knowledge seems sparse at best. If they don't understand the underlying mechanisms, how can they even begin to fix what I never had?

Maybe I've become jaded, but it all just feels so remote and hopeless sometimes. I remind myself to be thankful to have a treatment, as many don't have that. Even if it is a pain, I would rather have it and some semblance of normalcy.

No comments:

Post a Comment