Friday, July 27, 2012

New Product Coming to Market

I was fortunate enough to be part of an investigational study of a new IVIG drug... and now that drug is coming to market! The results of the study of the drug can be found in the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.

I really liked the product and may seriously consider switching to it from Gammagard, depending on what Baxter does about ensuring their supply chain. I never want to be without product and I really don't want to have to change products back and forth because companies can't get their acts together. So far, I haven't felt much impact from any Gammagard shortages, but I really don't want to. Perhaps, this new product will be easy to get. I already know I tolerate it well.

It's an exciting day! :-) More competition among producers is a great thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment