Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Alea Iacta Est

I signed up with the One Medical Group. So far, it seems like it is extremely straightforward and their online system is great. I have booked an appointment with my preferred PCP for next week. We shall see how it goes, but right now, I'm excited.

One of my most hated of all activities is appointment scheduling for my doctors. This online option is the bomb diggity, at least as far as I am concerned. I can just go in, pull up the appointment calendar, select my chosen doctor and time I want and BAM! Done. All set. No calling and haggling over what is available or trying to figure out if they have an appointment around a certain time. No more trying to explain to the medically illiterate receptionist about what the problem is and why it is urgent. I can just write all of that in the notes field. My appointments are guaranteed to start on time and I'm only asked to arrive 5 minutes early, instead of the usual 30 minutes for first appointments.

I gladly welcome the medical profession into the 20th Century. I certainly hope this is the beginning of a long, beneficial relationship with this practice.

PS - I understand how privileged I am to have access to such a service. I am incredibly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment