Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Next Steps... Lung Spa Day!

I saw my pulmonologist yesterday. I have been SUPER GOOD AND COMPLIANT with my airway clearance, but I'm still not feeling great. The pulmo thus decided that it is time for me to have a bronchoscopy. I'm not thrilled with the prospect, but it makes sense given my situation. We want to see what's in there and what the best approach will be going forward.

I go in on Thursday morning to have my lungs scoped and basically washed out. I've taken to calling the lavage portion a spa appointment for my lungs. Friends tell me this can be pretty miserable feeling, but that it can help you on the road to recovery and to feeling better in the long run. I am hopeful it is that way with me, so my lungs can get rid of the gunk in them and the airway clearance can help keep them clear.

Not that I really want to have a bronchoscopy or lavage or any of this. Sometimes, we just don't get a choice. Sometimes, we just keep moving down the path because we're supposed to and because, in the end, it's what is best for us. Still, though. This stinks. Another thing to add to my list of surgical procedures. ARGH.

I am quite thankful to have a treatment team that I trust. This is one of those times that I have to remind myself of that. I would rather not need them, but I'm so glad I have them when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment